Tuesday 17 November 2015

2 Skirts to 1


2 ’Would not Wear’ Skirts to 1 ‘love it’ Skirt !! 
 
I found 2 skirts – one I would not bend over in and the other a little dated at Vinnies for $4 each SO I decided to combine them to make a skirt that I could wear every day.

Frist step was to cut the hem off the little denim number so it won’t be too heavy when sewing, then I cut the long skirt to the length I wanted at the waist.


I overlocked the denim hem and used the ‘roll’ stitch on the overlocker for the long skirts waist.


Then I used a loose long straight stitch on the normal sewing machine for gathering. I sewed 2 rows and placed pins to mark the quarter points. Very gently I gathered until the long skirt was the same size as the denim matching the pins with the seams of the denim skirt.


Pinned and sewed the two parts together and……..



Another amazing result if I can say so myself !!
 

Here is another one I have made by cutting my old jeans just under the fly and gathering and sewing a length of matching material for the skirt.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment