Sunday 8 May 2016

Upcycle Old Sleeves to Dog Jumpers


Upcycle Old Sleeves to Dog Jumpers

As we have a little dog the sleeves from this old jumper will be perfect for him!!

After cutting off the sleeve (I kept the rest of the jumper aside to upcycle into a skirt!! Yesterdays Blog)
I measured and drew the shape I wanted for the Dog jumper

Now I cut out the hemline carefully so all the knitting threads won’t come undone

I immediately sewed it with the overlocker and two rows of straight stitching

Now for the arm holes. A carefully cut SMALL holes knowing that they will grow when sewing.

I overlocked the edges carefully

For the trimming on the armholes I used ribbing. I measured the ribbing to be slightly smaller than the hole and double the width I wanted

Overlock the edges together

Now pin them into the armholes right sides together (you will need to stretch the ribbing a bit to fit)

Sew together
 

Fold over the ribbing and pin to dog jumper, sew

Now use the same process for the neckline


Done

As you can see our dog hasn’t got use to wearing his new jumper yet this winter!! Lol But he will be so nice and warm

No comments:

Post a Comment